top of page
How to forecast R&D costs and allocate resources appropriately for a rare disease company?
Gene Therapy & Orphan Disease
- What is a starting point for R&D resource needs for a Buy Up?
- What are the drivers by activity and/or function?
- What is the expected R&D resource demand across the portfolio?
What We Did
- Determined the R&D costs and cost drivers specific to the client and rare diseases
- Created activity drivers and generic cost profiles.
- Delivered an dynamic activity based costing tool for R&D forecasting in MS Excel.
Our Results And Insight
- Estimate resource demand for new investments, one-off studies, and projects entering development
- Forecast internal FTE demand by phase and Line
- Use activity-based costing “driver” algorithms to interpolate resources based on key inputs like sites, patients, etc.
- “Model has been used by client ever since for portfolio planning”
See other case studies
Portfolio Management case studies >
Gene Therapy & Orphan Disease case studies >
Service Areas Details
Portfolio Management (Activity-Based Costing)
Therapeutic Areas Details
Gene Therapy & Orphan Drugs (Orphan)
bottom of page